Associates in Professional Counseling and Coaching offers the internationally known Mayo Clinic Treatment Program to our patients. Our Smoking Cessation therapy specialist, Kevin Huyser, MA, LCPC, completed his training and certification at Mayo Clinic and offers this program in our Plainfield and Palos Heights offices.
Kevin works with each smoker to develop a treatment plan that will give the best chance of success by treating the physical, mental, and emotional challenges of this addiction. Of those treated under this Mayo Clinic Program, 25% succeed in quitting. Compare this to the 1.8% of nicotine patch users who quit for life.
Your plan will include:
- Assessment: when you enter the program an evaluation and guided interview will provide an individual treatment plan for your addiction. There are no ‘one size fits all’ plans to quit!
- Counseling: individual or group sessions provide you the tools to overcome the withdrawal symptoms and increase your sense of control as you stop tobacco use.
- Therapy: you will learn behavioral and mental coping skills to deal with the urges, memories, and emotions that trigger your cravings to smoke that all too often result in relapse.
- Medication: both nicotine replacement and non-nicotine medications are available.
- Education: you will understand the life changing benefits that quitting can bring you and your loved ones.
APC offers three options to meet the varying needs of our clients: individual therapy, group sessions (6-8 members), and corporate on-site classes for our business clients.
If you need additional encouragement to take the first step think about these health and financial benefits of becoming an ex-smoker:
- 12 hours after quitting the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal!
- 2 -12 weeks after quitting your heart attack risk begins to drop and your lung function begins to improve!
- One year after quitting your added risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker’s
- In the Chicago area a pack-a-day ex-smoker saves $2,190 per year!
- Over time you can see a savings of as much as 40% on your insurance costs!
If you are ready to make a life changing decision contact Kevin Huyser at
708-448-0884 Ext. 12 or khuyser@counseling-APC.com for more information.
For more information and testimonials from former smokers who completed this same Mayo Clinic Treatment Program click on the links below: